Well, I guess its been about a month since my last post. And so much has gone on in the past month. And on top of that all, I really haven't felt like sitting in front of the computer to type much.
Events of the past month:
Rick was preparing for his first race this year during the beginning of the month. On the day he was to race, his Grandma passed away. That was the most emotional day and time of my life. We spent that whole week planning and attending the funeral. It was very difficult to explain to MacKenzie where her GG went, as she asked about GG every time we went over there. The emotions and story go way beyond what I have typed, but do not wish to share the rest of the story with you..sorry, nothing personal.
Kaylee also started swimming lessons. She is enjoying them very much. She is very content and relaxed in the water, and Rick is enjoying the time he gets to spend in the water with her. Kaylee is also in full force walking..and is just starting to run. Her running can be compared to a kid on ice skates..they cen get moving..they just don't know how to stop. Well, Kaylee runs, and she doesn't know how to slow down. She is also going to be one of those unfortunate children where walls and other things just jump out and hit her..lol. She is also starting to talk more.
MacKenzie is developing into an intelligent little girl. She can build a 48 piece puzzle with no trouble at all. And not only does she build these puzzles, she builds them from the inside out. I'm sure if I put a more difficult puzzle in front of her, she could tackle that one to..with a little practice. She loves to color and glue things, and she really likes to play blocks and legos. She has also discovered that she can build tents with living room furninture and blankets, but Kaylee keeps wrecking them..lol. And then MacKenzie cries..its quite cute actually.
I have been keeping busy volunteering in and around our Co-op where we live. I was on the Board of Directors for a few months, but did not get re-elected at out Annual General Meeting. Which was a little disappointing to me, but I am stil the Social Committee Chairperson, so that is keeping me busy. We are in the midst of planning the Fall clean up BBQ, and the Halloween party. I am not sure what to do for crafts for older kids as I have two little people. I hate making a haunted house..I am not to sure on how to do that one, and don't want to leave any kids disappointed.
I don't even know what I am going to do for the girls for Halloween costumes. Rick's mom has an elephant costume that might fit MacKenzie. Other than that I have no ideas. I haven't really been all that creative lately.
I have however, had one creative idea, but I am going to save it for my next post as I want to attach pictures with it, cause some people might not understand how it works, as well, I want to show everyone all the accessories. And for the moms out there who are creative, this makes an excellent christmas gift for little people.
Hmmm...I think thats all I really have to say today. I am sure that there is more, but I can't think of anything right now..I'm very tired today.
Monday, October 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
The update was fantastic. I am a blog stalker so I go to into withdrawal when my regular bloggers take a break. I am very sorry to here that you had such a rough month though and am looking forward to your next post with pictures.
Well you see, there was this best friend of mine, Jodi, who lent me her computer, which made posting pictures a lot easier. Well, this best friend of mine, lol, she took back her computer. So now, I have to resort back to Heather's computer to load my pictures, which may restult in a few less pictures on my posts..but hopefully not.
And Jen, I'll try to update more often for you :)
Sorry to hear about your husband's grandma. I hate death and sickness and I am sure it's hard explaining it to kids.
i was so sorry to hear about Rick's Grandma. I remember from when we were kids how special she is to him. I can't imagine having such a hard time grieving and then having to explain it to the kids. Rick, you know I love ya, and I'm sending a BIG hug.
I'm glad swimming lessons are going good! Kamryn just started hers and besides the freezing cold water, she really liked it too! i really am gonna call you & Kim one day to go swimming - i promise! i just have to stop working so much!!!
Well that best friends of yours figured letting you borrow her computer for a month was a very nice thing sorry jen didnt mean to deprive you
Post a Comment